As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. – 1 Peter 4:10
God has blessed us with another training institute for leaders from all parts of Moldova that we held January 2-10 in Cupcini. The subject for this institute was Spiritual Gifts, a study by Kay Arthur from Precept Ministry International. We had 56 leaders from many places all across Moldova who studied tirelessly for nine days at the Institute.
The training took place at a local high school, just across the street from Cupcini Church. The outside temperature dropped to 30 below zero and with the heat turned on at the school, it was still very cold in the class. But this did not stop students from coming to the classes. It was a very special time of praying together, sharing meals at one big table at the school’s canteen and doing homework with roommates.
We are so thankful for our church members at Cupcini and Edinet Churches who hosted all the students who came to the Institute from other places. The dedication of these students was incredible as they studied in class for seven hours and did homework for four to five hours more. In the class we had to translate from Russian into Romanian language and back, since we had students who did not understand the other language.
Here are some testimonies from students who attended the training:
- Now, I can better understand the idea of church as Christ’s body and now I understand my role in the church. Also, I think I know what spiritual gift I have. – Vladlena
- I learned how to prepare a teaching plan for the lesson I am planning to teach to my students, and I learned how to conduct discussion lessons in the group. – Tatiana
- This training equipped me with God’s truth to be able stand against false teachings concerning spiritual gifts. I found out how the gifts are given and how to minister to others in Christ’s body with your gift. – Ruslan
- I learned the difference between spiritual gifts and natural abilities. At the same time all our gifts and talents are to be used in ministry to the church for the glory of the Lord. – Dmitrii
- I have decided to get actively involved in ministering to the church in order to find where God wants me to serve Him. – Olga
- I learned how to fill out the lessons in the study book and how to prepare a teaching plan for group discussion. Now I am ready, with new joy and strength to continue studying the Scripture. – Dmitrii
- During this Institute I learned that spiritual gifts are supernatural abilities given by the Holy Spirit to every believer. I learned that such gift as prophesy exists even today and are practiced in the church. - Paul
After the training, many students decided to start their home Bible study groups and the number of projected groups was raised to 59 groups in 12 cities across of the country. We pray God will use these men and women of God who love God and His Word and are eager to serve Him in the church and communicate His message of Love to a generation that needs the Gospel so desperately.
Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen – 1 Peter 4:11